Gluten free and dairy free delicious strawberry and raspberry truffles. These easy to make chocolates are perfect for valentines day, or any day you just want to treat yourself.
Using only a few ingredients and with no added sugar they are guilt free. The combination of fruit against the dark chocolate is dreamy and they are a feast for the eyes too.
I love strawberries and raspberries so decided to make a some of each to try and decide which I like best. After eating a good amount of both I still can’t make my mind up. The chocolate is really good too and as a fan of dark chocolate, I will be making this again.
They look really pretty and are so quick and easy, making them an ideal homemade gift to your beloved… or in my case me!
- 2 Cups frozen or fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries or raspberries
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
For the chocolate
- 1 cup organic raw cacao butter
- 1 cup organic cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- If using frozen strawberries/raspberries defrost for 1-2 mins in microwave
- Blend strawberries/raspberries into a puree
- Add freeze dried strawberries/raspberries and cashew butter. Blend.
- In a mixing bowl combine the puree with the coconut flour to form a thick dough.
- Chill for approx 1 hour in fridge until firm.
- Using a tea spoon to measure, roll into balls ( cover hands with coconut oil to help stop it sticking)
- Make the chocolate by melting the cacao butter then combining with cacao. Add maple syrup, use more or less depending on desired sweetness.
- Dip balls in chocolate and sprinkle with extra freeze dried strawberries. Transfer to tray covered in baking paper and refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Enjoy! 🙂