This is an easy and tasty grain free bread recipe that is also egg and yeast free!
Since cutting out all grains, eggs and yeast, I pretty much gave up on ever being able to eat bread again. At first I wasn’t really too bothered but 4 months in I am starting to miss it. I never really ate lots of bread, but every now and again there are some meals that just aren’t the same without it.
I found this recipe for grain free bread from Elanas Pantry but it still had eggs in it, so I have adapted it to be egg free, by replacing the eggs with flax eggs. I have very little patience and wanted a quick, easy recipe without too many ingredients and this recipe is just that.
When I first made it, I was pretty disappointed that it didn’t rise, but it’s not going to without any eggs or yeast. I soon got over the fact it was small when I tasted it. This grain free bread is good! Really good! Even my long suffering husband likes it, and he wouldn’t eat the ready made gluten free bread I used to buy.
This loaf may be small but it is perfectly formed. It is nice and soft and holds together. This bread is really filling so it doesn’t matter that it’s smaller than the ‘normal’ loaves. It is a great accompaniment to main meals or on it’s own. I like mine smothered in Flora free from spread.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup golden flaxmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 flax eggs (1 flax egg = 1 tablespoon flaxmeal + 3 tablespoon water)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl make flax eggs by whisking 5 tablesppons flaxmeal with 15 tablespoons water. Leave to stand for 15 mins
- Pulse almond flour, coconut flour, flaxmeal, salt and baking powder in a food processor
- Pulse in vinegar and flax eggs until combined
- Transfer batter to a greased 7.5 x 3.5 inch loaf pan
- Bake at 350 F/180 C for approx 30 mins
- Cool in pan for 2 hours
- Serve and enjoy 🙂